“Liebster”, I am told – is a German word meaning “most favourite” or ”dearest”, which is usually given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers, who deserve support from the community.
The lovely mmuworld.wordpress.com today informed me I had been nominated for it.
Now to the rules:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
Eleven facts about myself
1. I had a large tumour removed from my arm when I was seven.
2. I was thrown out of Sunday School when I was three for dancing on the table, swinging my knickers in the air (?!)…The nuns were traumatised apparently :s. Sorry sisters!
3. I eat a purely vegan diet, and am an advocate for animal welfare.
4. I live in the Middle East.
5. My Dad took his own life two weeks after my 18th Birthday.
6. I would love to have a pig.
7. I am addicted to false eyelashes.
8. I moved unexpected to Turkey for love when I was 23 (my English (Mancunian) boyfriend moved there)
9…We’re still together – lived in Dubai, then Qatar together!
10. I have post-school qualifications in Art, Photography, Fine Art, Media Studies, Audio Studies, Journalism and Psychosocial Studies.
11. I went to the same High School as the famous artist Tracy Emin.
Bonus fact for yah!:
12. I was born ‘Frank breech’, which means I was born bum first!
Here are the questions posed to me by mammuworld:
1. How do you feel about fall as a season?
I think it’s such a beautiful season, I loved the romantic, idealised version of it as it exists in my head. Unfortunately I don’t get to experience it alot as I live in the Middle East.
2. Which are your all time favorite tv shows?
I really enjoyed Buffy the Vampire Slayer when it was on – I love a show that thoroughly draws in the viewer. I really enjoy The Ricky Gervais Show, Eastbound and Down, Breaking Bad, Sex and the City, and Friends. All time favourite has to be GAME OF THRONES though…Amazing,.
3. If you could be a superhero, who would you be?
If it has to be from the pre-existing catalogue of suuperheroes – I guess Wonderwoman would be pretty cool. Otherwise, of course I’d choose the anti-hero: Tank Girl!!
4. What is your beauty/fashion obsession, you have tons of them but you keep on buying (nailpolish, shoes, face cream, scarves ecc.)?
I try not to be materialistic and buy unnecessarily. But lately, if I see a beautiful pair of shoes – I find it hard to frown at them. The same goes for Paul’s Boutique bags.
5. What was your favorite summer trend this year?
Ice cream colours, and sheer blouses. I love the half-shaved head look; AKA Cassie. But due to my line of work; it would be corporate enough. In another lifetime perhaps…Or when I retire! :)
6. If you could choose in which country/place would you like to born in your next life?
Having lived in a few different countries, I can happily say – I am lucky to have a British passport. Especially in times of visas for other countries. I would choose British again. It’s fine to move around after that.
7. What’s your biggest fashion/beauty regret that you look back and think “What the hell was I thinking!”
…Over-plucked eyebrows. A perm. Then dreadlocks. Pedal pushers…So, so many,
8. Do you watch youtube beauty gurus? Who do you enjoy watching the most?
Not one in particular, but YouTube is fantastic.
9. Name 3 female celebrities that are the most beautiful in your eyes?
Gwen Stefani (that physique! She’s 42!), Keira Knightly (those cheekbones and smile!) and…Too many to choose from. And, I think Emma Stone’s beauty shines inside and out.
10. Name 3 male celebrities that are the hottest in your opinion?
I have man crushes on these celebrities as they seem to be good guys and always interview well:
Ryan Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhall and I can’t think of a third.
11. Which fashion/beauty trend would you keep on rockin’ even if it would be banned from fashion/beauty world? Lavender hair!
11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. What is your favourite past time, other than blogging?
3. What is your profession?
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
5. What is your favourite trend this season?
6. Who is your beauty icon?
7. Tell us a secret
8. What do you look for in a good blog?
9. Do you advocate non-animal tested beauty products and anti-fur, I hope so!
10. Are you For or Against faux tan?
11. What past trend do you hope makes a comeback?